Pages

Monday 6 June 2011

Ed Lynskey interview: Lake Charles

Lake Charles by Ed Lynskey
£3.52/$4.99
Amazon UK, Amazon US, Nook


Ed Lynskey's Appalachian noir Lake Charles is for sale in Kindle and Nook, paperback to be out later this month.


Can you sum up Lake Charles in no more than 25 words?

Coming of age novel set in the Great Smoky Mountains is told with noirish undertones and hardboiled action.

How long did it take you to write?

Ten years. I went back and researched it in my old spreadsheets.

What crime book are you most looking forward to reading?

Right now I have Tom Franklin’s Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter and Lawrence Block’s A Drop of the Hard Stuff on reserve at our local public library.

What are you reading now?

Last night I started Dennis Lehane’s The Moonlight Mile featuring the return of his PIs Patrick Kenzie and Angela Gennaro.

Do you read outside of the crime genre?

I usually draw on a mix of literary fiction and nonfiction titles to read outside of crime fiction.

Where do you find out about new books?

Goodreads is a reliable source. I also scribble down titles I catch on twitter, message boards, newspapers, and just via word of mouth.

How do you feel about reviews?

A necessary evil, I guess. I’m not sure how much they do to improve book sales, but I’m always grateful to the reviewers who vote thumbs up on my work.

As a reader, how would you describe your taste in crime fiction?

My reading tastes in the crime genre tend toward the darker hardboiled stuff, but I’ll sometimes dip into the lighter, cosier fiction, as well.


Lake Charles by Ed Lynskey
£3.52/$4.99
Amazon UK, Amazon US, Nook

No comments:

Post a Comment